When you want a lean body and pack on muscles, you need to follow a nutrient-rich diet that will give you the fuel you need to perform workouts. Below are given some fitness foods which can help you get stronger and well toned muscles and a lean physique in no time:
1. Broccoli: This fitness food contains more Vitamin C than oranges; broccoli also contains a high dose of antioxidants needed for repairing muscle tissues and improving the immunity system. Phytochemicals present in this vegetable has anti-estrogen which helps to elevate levels of testosterone, reducing fat storage in the process.
2. Peanut Butter: This is an excellent fitness food which can be added to prepare mouthwatering smoothies and oatmeal; you can even use peanut butter for preparing vegetable and fruit dips. Peanut butter can be consumed on toasts and is found to be one of the best sources of essential fatty acids, proteins, minerals and vitamins and fiber. It can help to repair your muscles post workouts and helps the body recuperate from injuries.
3. Wild Salmon: To get a lean body, you can include wild salmon in your daily diet because this fish variety if very high in proteins, containing as much as nearly 30 grams in a single can of salmon. It has much healthier fats compared to chicken or beef and contains omega3 fatty acids that are heart-healthy. Farmed salmon is not recommended for lean and strong muscles; you should choose wild salmon which is costlier but chemical-free.
4. Cottage Cheese: This is a power-packed snack that is very rich in whey protein and casein. Whey protein is instrumental in body building and fat burning. Casein is a slow-digesting protein and helps to keep your body in anabolic mode overnight.
5. Eggs: Eggs are always the favorite food when it comes to building stronger and lean muscles. They are satisfying foods which can be cooked fast and loaded with proteins. They are low in calories and high in BCAA which helps muscles to grow and develop.
6. Chicken: Chicken offers a great protein-to-fat ratio; for instance, a chicken breast will have about 200 calories, 2 grams of fat and 40 grams protein. Chicken is also a necessary addition to any diet because it can be conveniently used for making wraps and salads, meals and snacks.
7. Chocolate Milk: Post-workouts you need to replenish the glycogen store in your body, the nutrients and energy and retain the lean muscle tissues; this is best achieved if you can include chocolate milk in your diet. Chocolate milk is an excellent source of essential carbs and proteins which is ideal for replenishing nutrients lost in workout sessions. Chocolate milk is derived from the cow and contains nearly 80% casein and 20% whey proteins. Like chocolate milk, bananas are also excellent for supplying necessary fuel to the body. They are glucose-rich and offer quick energy. The potassium content in bananas prevents muscle cramping.
8. Beef: This food is an excellent protein source but you need to ensure that you buy the lean cuts which are not fatty. Beef contains high-quality proteins; it improves cardiovascular health and helps in muscle growth because of creatine and L-carnitine that is present in beef. Grass-fed beef is highly recommended for muscle growth.
9. Yogurt: Finally, the Greek Yogurt is an excellent workout partner being a great source of calcium, proteins, vitamin D etc that are ideal for muscle growth. Vitamin D is needed for bones and muscle development and also affects protein synthesis.